Wednesday, January 29, 2014

26 Feb 2013

New Update:

I skipped the Progressive jumping day on the basis I have a key to that arena it was being held in and they would leave the course up and that way I can fix mistakes as we go, rather than just having to "get around" and leave if there was to be 3 refusals or eliminations... not that I think there would have been, but I'm still playing everything safe.

I haven't had any lessons, and I need one because I'm still struggling with a even contact and getting around the oddd corner. On the plus side - I HAVE VIDEO.

So last weekend, I drove for 2.5 hours over a mountain and through a gorge to a town called Pio Pio that was holding a ODE.

I was superdooper lucky in I got a midday dressage time, so heaps of time to travel there and chill out before riding. Dressage we did OK, as you will see there are still things going on, consistancy/balance/transitions... and one terrible turn up the center line which I promptly lost it and started laughing so hard I hardly managed a halt.... it was really nice that we got a few trips around the outside before the bell went and it gave him a) a chance to see the scary white plastic (and yes he did give a few bug eyes at it) b) me and him a chance to relax because I alway tense up once I start going around the arena - you can see I start tipping forwards instantly... ggrrrr

SJ was really tight in a little arena, so I knew I was going to trot a fair portion of it, and learnt the lesson of sticking to the game plan when I walked it, I was planning on trotting from fence four to five, at the time of riding he felt balanced coming into it, but on the way out of the turn we got a drift going and at the point of correction he concentrated on me, and pretty much didn't pick his feet up - I also could've ridden much kinder by a) trotting as planned b) left him alone the stride out from the fence... so we took out fence 5, and the rest rode ok with him still gaining confidence over fillers.

XC - no stopping at the first few fences YAY, still sticky and not really wanting to GO, but we did go alllbbeeeiiitt vveerryryy sslllooowwwly... and we then started rocking about fence 4, got over the skinny corner, the ditch, the pallisade, the trac... and then we were looking at the home run - and Pencil saw all the other horses back at the start box... so we started a nice wee drift to them and ran out at the most simplest fence on the whole course (and I blame myself again). Its on video below.

So happy with how he is progressing and its time I stepped up and start giving him the ride he deserves!! Sorry it has the banner... i'm to cheap to activate LOL

Dressage:

http://s281.beta.photobucket.com/use...3d0c0.mp4.html

http://<a href="http://i281.photobuc...&#91;/IMG]</a>

And the jumping:

http://s281.beta.photobucket.com/use...50195.mp4.html

 
xc
http://s281.beta.photobucket.com/use...6a4b9.mp4.html

No comments:

Post a Comment