Wednesday, January 29, 2014

19 September 2013

VIDEO

http://s281.photobucket.com/user/Pip...1d564.mp4.html


It was EXCEPTIONALLY windy LOL, the husband growled at me for towing the trailer in the wind telling me it was going to go over on me! Where I was riding is reasonably sheltered, but you can still see the sand flying around. I think there is a marked improvement in how he is going... me not so much. There is a moment in canter where you can see that I remember to carry my left hand (going to the right) and it changes a whooole heap. In the bottom right hand corner is the gate entrance to the arena...and you see him bulge/me pull him around the corner a few times... The last lot of trots near the end of the clips is working on lengthening again... is not showing a clear difference in length and its very gradual, but if he goes all out to soon we lose balance, nor will we get the transition back, so for the dressage test this weekend (has them in) I happy with what we have got here.


And just as a note - took him to the XC ground last night from the photo's very early in this thread and had a play - VERY pleased I did it, he was sticky at the start and not staying in front of the leg... but he got over it reasonably quick and we were soon cantering into all the fences. He was being rather good so I pointed him at the 95cm stone wall - and SHlT did he hit it hard... pleased I had boots on him (even the cruddy brushing boots I had lol) he was instantly lame so I pulled up pretty quick, let him walk it off for 5 mins, then went back and did it again - and he gave it HEAPS of room. It was probably about time for him to hit something and have it hurt a little because he hasn't really done that yet, so I'm happy with it (as much as we all want our horses to hurt )

So, on other news, we have no driver for the horse truck for the weekend, so it is going to be me.... eeee NERVOUS. Never driven any truck long distance, and only driven our house bus (11m long at that) around town... so 6hrs with 3 horses on board has me a wee bit petrified. I'm sure it will be fine, and I'm taking the truck for a dummy drive today with 2 horses on it. Downer is that I also only have my learner class two (rigid truck under 20000kg).. get my full next week... so hears hoping I don't get pulled up!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment