Wednesday, January 29, 2014

15 Feb 2013

Two things, rode in the new bit, and he went MUCH MUCH happier in it, he was playing with the rolling center peice, it didn't rub on his lips/cheek pinchy as its a bit fatter and best of all NO BORING DOWN in transitions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT was fantastic! I also felt like I was a lot softer with my hands to get the same reaction than in the other bit, so I'm sticking with it for the week to see how he goes in a different environment (I was in a lesson last night).

Last nights lesson was really good, I am just far far to right handsy - so more and more practice on a) carrying my hands b) getting my right hand out of it. Going to the left it anoyingly blocking enough that I'm not quite getting enough bend (althouhg I'm not to concerned about that as he has stopped leaning in) but going to the right - jeepers, I can miss complete turns, have a rubber neck horse and it all goes up the creek.... so we rode the square, turning off the outside aids only, moved between giving (opening the fingers only) and then small half halt on the right rein going to the right, with constant HH on the left rein and we made it around the turn.. and it got better and better as the lesson went.
We did some jumping just through a double to finish on, and for the first time, we can go through the double, land and then canter around the circle (we are only in a 20 x 60m arena) so jumping and pretty much onto a 15m circle in canter... was really great instead of cantering flat and ugly until we reach the rail and pull up in a horrid stop!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment