Wednesday, January 29, 2014

24 July 2013 - Locking Jaw continued

So rode tonight after viewing the video clip a few times throughout the day - keeping the key focus on outside contact and keeping the hands together.... which I think I improved drastically, just to keep working at it to change habits.

It leads me to believe balance is coming into play because we started to get rather rushy... although much much less locking. Heaps less locking, though a lot more falling in on the right rein.

BUT - I've got the pretty typical issue of learning that fine line... between keeping the outside contact without overstraightening him on one rein/preventing him from bending to the left as my right is incredibly dominant... and giving enough on the inside to the right without loosing the bend completly - because I still essentially ride him inside out on the right rein to keep him straight. Then... Not over using the leg as to be nagging and still being soft enough to allow....

The issue wasn't as exaggerated as I was only in a 40m arena tonight and not a 60m, and I tend not to use the whole length anyway (boogy men in the hedge at one end).


The video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24zNv...ature=youtu.be

It is 99.9% me causing this.

Spurs need to come off now as he is rushing, and the nose band/flash is coming off as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment