Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lesson with Someone DIFFERENT

Well first off, I thought Pencil had been going ok. I know there is some root issues that HAVE to be addressed... I mean you aren't covered in the basics if your horse still flips his tounge over the bit. Maybe I should have had this "fixed" sooner, but for everyone I've had lessons with, has noted it, but got on with the lesson and other things anyway.

So a lesson with Jutta.... I got in last minute for one. I was a little nervous (that seems to be a theme). But what made it worse was Pencil was coughing a lot. Hymmm

So I get befuddled with lefts and rights and other things... and this lady had me confused straight away. If she asked what my issues were in how the horse goes, I could have said straight away. But I got confused. On the positive side - I wasn't TOLD what my issues were, I was questioned about my horses way of going (and felt pleased) that I got the answer straight away. I told her what I was having issues with, and why I thought so. Comes back to Pencil not being straight.... Yep, ok. I get that. But I'm not sure where on the scale of straightness she is talking in relation to Pencil is. I know its all interchangeable... but I haven't been really concerned about it as much as I have as getting him on the aids. Straightness is one under collection... he ain't near that collection right now.

What I did really like, is being yelled at (its a theme again) and sworn at, that I'm not staying balanced through his rough moments. YAY someone sees it, IRL and while I'm riding. And gets ME before they go to the horse - and the being pulled out of the saddle thing (ee my ears after that happening from the coughing).

So the lesson was all round really good. I did feel a bit dismayed when I was trying to address the tounge flipping and got told - its all you. When I go to my next lesson, I'm going to have no flash on, and a loose cavesson and see what happens when she rides... heck I can't ride up the road on no contact without him flipping the tounge.  So while I understand what and why she said as much (I am after all the rider all the time, and he still does it so yes it is my fault),  I wish that she had taken what I was trying to say on board a little more. But I will be going back for lessons (and a bruised ego), because its the first lesson I've EVER had - where I was the issue. Not something the horse was doing. YAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment